HISTORICAL RUNS

  • VRR YARRA BEND RUN 14/03/1999 (12Km) 53:44
  • VRR WINELANDS RUN 18/04/1999 (HM) 1:48:49
  • PUFFING BILLY 02/05/1999 (13.2Km) 63:36
  • SRI CHINMOY WILLIAMSTOWN 23/05/1999 (10Km) 44:45
  • LAP OF THE LAKE 18/07/1999 (10Km) 42:30
  • MALVERN MINI MARATHON 01/08/1999 (10 Km) 43:06
  • VRR PRINCES PARK RUN 29/08/1999 (HM) 1:39:32
  • VRR WESTERFOLDS PARK RUN 25/06/2000 (5Km) 21:22
  • ACADEMY ATHLETICS TRACK 02/08/2000 (5Km) 20:49
  • SRI CHINMOY WILLIAMSTOWN 27/05/2007 (10Km) 51:40

Thursday, January 18, 2007

RUNNING WITH STEVE

I wasn't going to run yesterday but when I saw Steve in his gear about to go out I got the itch!!! Actually I was planning on a stationary bike session in the gym and knew I'd get more out of a run with Steve. We just took it easy (I was still stuffed!) and did it in 36:20. We ran it in reverse and I can honestly say that it was no easier than the normal way..... The conditions were pretty humid and as I'd forgotten my hat I was constantly wiping sweat and sunscreen out of my eyes which is a real pain in the arse!!!! I showed Steve how to insert MapMyRun into the blog and below is the route that we took. It's pretty nifty as you can zoom in and move the map around.



I'm having a couple of weeks of no carbs and no grog and then low carbs low grog for a while..... I've begun eating more fruit and drinking a lot more water (and less coffee) and I must admit I'm feeling the difference already!

I'm aiming for the Zoo run in Feb Morsey!!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Looking good, thanks for using MapMyRun!

MorseyRuns said...

Hope the weather is okay for the Zoo run- might have to enter on the night. Should be good.
I miss having the coach so close by!

Anonymous said...

You've cracked me up Paul. Good idea of your's re - MapMyRun, don't know what I'd do without you.

I wouldn't worry too much about the times, they will drop and I reckon you'll be a consistent sub 5:00 /km runner in no time.