Had a great workout yesterday!!! 45 minutes of pain... It's amazing how consistency is the key to training. I had a layoff of about a month not long ago and this is my 2nd week back in to it. I was 90kg when I started back and dropped 2kg since I started back training. I'm using my clothes as a guide to how well I'm doing more so than the scales. Gotta get a handle on my diet though, try and cut down on the carbs and alcohol.
DIET TIPS
Eat less bread and rice/pasta
If eating a sandwich try and have no butter
Only drink alcohol on the weekends
Try and drink water through the day
A good breakfast is important to kick start your day
Low fat milk
No sugar in coffee/tea
This is all easier said than done of course, especially when you have kids. Trying to fit in your own dietery needs around what your kids want/need/get to eat can be tricky.
Gotta start doing some sort of cardio again...................
About Me
HISTORICAL RUNS
- VRR YARRA BEND RUN 14/03/1999 (12Km) 53:44
- VRR WINELANDS RUN 18/04/1999 (HM) 1:48:49
- PUFFING BILLY 02/05/1999 (13.2Km) 63:36
- SRI CHINMOY WILLIAMSTOWN 23/05/1999 (10Km) 44:45
- LAP OF THE LAKE 18/07/1999 (10Km) 42:30
- MALVERN MINI MARATHON 01/08/1999 (10 Km) 43:06
- VRR PRINCES PARK RUN 29/08/1999 (HM) 1:39:32
- VRR WESTERFOLDS PARK RUN 25/06/2000 (5Km) 21:22
- ACADEMY ATHLETICS TRACK 02/08/2000 (5Km) 20:49
- SRI CHINMOY WILLIAMSTOWN 27/05/2007 (10Km) 51:40
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Getting rid of the carbs and running- they are the only things that work (or that I am prepared to do, but having said that I have really cut out the booze recently). You are right back into it- good stuff but don't go too hard and hurt yourself (ha ha).
I'll remember your diet tips the next time you ask me to get lunch for you. What was it that you asked me to get today, oh yes, that's right, some puffy roll.
Post a Comment