Yep I sure was!! 3 weeks holidays and I was gonna keep up my running and I was gonna limit the drinking and well, you get the picture. 1 run (5.6k) in all that time and 2 gym sessions, both interrupted by Mick my over the road neighbour with beer in hand!!! I really didnt stand a chance though. Mind you I kept the food intake in check so weight wise I didnt really budge.
I had a run with Steve yesterday (6.5K) around the Tan and BOY did I feel it. My heart rate stayed at about 177 and peaked at 186 up the hill..... Still I'm off and running again so to speak!! I'm going to check out the local gyms down my way to see what Boxing/Boxercise/Cardio Kickboxing/Mortal Combat classes they offer. One or two a week with the running and gym work I think.
About Me
HISTORICAL RUNS
- VRR YARRA BEND RUN 14/03/1999 (12Km) 53:44
- VRR WINELANDS RUN 18/04/1999 (HM) 1:48:49
- PUFFING BILLY 02/05/1999 (13.2Km) 63:36
- SRI CHINMOY WILLIAMSTOWN 23/05/1999 (10Km) 44:45
- LAP OF THE LAKE 18/07/1999 (10Km) 42:30
- MALVERN MINI MARATHON 01/08/1999 (10 Km) 43:06
- VRR PRINCES PARK RUN 29/08/1999 (HM) 1:39:32
- VRR WESTERFOLDS PARK RUN 25/06/2000 (5Km) 21:22
- ACADEMY ATHLETICS TRACK 02/08/2000 (5Km) 20:49
- SRI CHINMOY WILLIAMSTOWN 27/05/2007 (10Km) 51:40
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have missed you!!! Glad you are back. Join the fun run bus- start of Feb, 8km through the zoo? It will force you to train.
Welcome back to running, nothing wrong with a break.
I ditto what Morseyruns says.
Post a Comment