HISTORICAL RUNS

  • VRR YARRA BEND RUN 14/03/1999 (12Km) 53:44
  • VRR WINELANDS RUN 18/04/1999 (HM) 1:48:49
  • PUFFING BILLY 02/05/1999 (13.2Km) 63:36
  • SRI CHINMOY WILLIAMSTOWN 23/05/1999 (10Km) 44:45
  • LAP OF THE LAKE 18/07/1999 (10Km) 42:30
  • MALVERN MINI MARATHON 01/08/1999 (10 Km) 43:06
  • VRR PRINCES PARK RUN 29/08/1999 (HM) 1:39:32
  • VRR WESTERFOLDS PARK RUN 25/06/2000 (5Km) 21:22
  • ACADEMY ATHLETICS TRACK 02/08/2000 (5Km) 20:49
  • SRI CHINMOY WILLIAMSTOWN 27/05/2007 (10Km) 51:40

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Around the TAN with the Master.........

Ran with the master himself today!! The one and only Steve "did someone say gamin?" TAYLOR. While my heart rate sat on 166 for most of the way (peaking at 182 up Anderson Street) Steve's was around 127ish........ The time was just under 36 minutes and I'm pretty happy with that at the moment. The last 800 metres though my heart rate jumped up to around 174 and stayed there to the end and I wasn't trying to go any harder....... Within a minute I was down to 142 so I guess my recovery isn't to bad at this stage. I ran with my heart rate monitor (haven't used it since 2001) and found it was a good distraction..... amongst other things around the TAN!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I mentioned in my post, if you keep to your training schedule I'm sure you'll be pumping out 5 min/km runs in no time.

Great effort.

MorseyRuns said...

Good work- if Steve can keep his pace down even more he may be able to accompany me on a run soon!

Jeff Plumb said...

Congratulations. I have recently started running around the TAN myself and am recording my times in MyRunTimes.com. I find it really helps to keep a running log for my motivation.