HISTORICAL RUNS

  • VRR YARRA BEND RUN 14/03/1999 (12Km) 53:44
  • VRR WINELANDS RUN 18/04/1999 (HM) 1:48:49
  • PUFFING BILLY 02/05/1999 (13.2Km) 63:36
  • SRI CHINMOY WILLIAMSTOWN 23/05/1999 (10Km) 44:45
  • LAP OF THE LAKE 18/07/1999 (10Km) 42:30
  • MALVERN MINI MARATHON 01/08/1999 (10 Km) 43:06
  • VRR PRINCES PARK RUN 29/08/1999 (HM) 1:39:32
  • VRR WESTERFOLDS PARK RUN 25/06/2000 (5Km) 21:22
  • ACADEMY ATHLETICS TRACK 02/08/2000 (5Km) 20:49
  • SRI CHINMOY WILLIAMSTOWN 27/05/2007 (10Km) 51:40

Monday, November 13, 2006

REVISED GOALS!!!!

I've decided that losing 10kgs before Xmas aint gonna happen!!!! Mainly because

of the weight training that I'm doing in conjunction with my aerobic stuff.... However i've gone down another hole in my belt and I'm really starting to feel the difference in my clothes. I suppose the old saying that muscle weighs more than fat is true. I'm concentrating on time rather than distance at the moment. For eg. 40 minute aerobic session consisting of 10 min spin, 10 min treadmill running, 5 min spin, 5 min treadmill run, 5 min spin, 5 min run. I really push each leg and increase either the rpm or speed as I go along.

I'm using an old 1999 strength training routine that is a real killer!!!! 12 - 15 reps per set and it really concentrates around your shoulders and back.

Diet wise I reckon rather than try to start "cold turkey" I've cut out and down on certain foods (like my enemy bread!) here and there. This time of year is hard though what with all the Xmas bbq's!!!!! I'll be happy to stand on the scales Xmas morning and be 84 - 85kgs.............

2 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

I agree about the cold turkey- it is not too bad but I prefer hot turkey with cranberry sauce, cream cheese and rocket in a rolled up toasted pita bread- yum! Realistic goals are important- I am not aiming to get down to my fighting weight (65kg) anymore. Good luck and keep running.

Anonymous said...

I think your revision is a wise choice. At the end of the day slowly but surely is better than, well you know.